Some government payments and allowances are included as taxable income, others are not. It's important that you declare any taxable payments such as age pensions, Newstart allowance, youth allowance or Austudy in your tax return. A complete list of payments which do not need to be included on your tax return can be determined when you meet with our Consultant.